Environmental Conferences, Trainings & Workshops Hosted by DEQ
DEQ hosts conferences, trainings, and workshops to provide environmental professionals and other interested parties an opportunity to network and learn about air quality, water quality, and waste management issues.
Workshops and Training
- November 23 Collection System Cleaning: Collection System cleaning equipment, methods and scheduling will be reviewed. This will include nozzle selection, and addressing common cleaning problems.
- December 08 Wastewater Microbiology & Process Control Webinar: Learn the role of bacteria, protozoa and metazoans in the treatment process along with the conditions that allow them the do their best work of removing nutrients from the wastewater.
- December 09 Identification and Control of Filamentous Bacteria Webinar: Learn a simplified method to identify filamentous bacteria, determine the conditions that favor their growth and methods to control and eliminate bulking and foaming caused by these microorganisms.
- December 15 Developing a Wastewater Microbiology Laboratory Program Webinar: Learn how to optimize the wastewater treatment plant processes using the microscope and knowledge of wastewater microbiology.
- December 16 Microbiological Monitoring of Biological Phosphorus Removal Systems Webinar: Gain an understanding of the role of phosphorus accumulating microorganisms in biological phosphorus removal processes as well as an understanding of the requirements of their growth and for enhanced phosphorus removal.
- December 16 Lagoon Microbiology Webinar: Learn the role of bacteria, protozoa, metazoa and algae in the lagoon treatment process.
- January 13, 2021, Source Water Protection Workshop: Learn the fundamentals of ground water and source water protection, including Idaho hydrogeology, aquifers, ground water quality and contamination, well drilling, etc.
- January 25, 2021, Wastewater Treatment Operator Grades I and II Exam Review Webinar — Attached Growth: An overview the trickling filter and RBC process, differing process design variations, typical control strategies, and troubleshooting scenarios.
- January 26, 2021, Wastewater Treatment Operator Grades I and II Exam Review Webinar — Chemistry: An introduction to acid and base chemistry, understanding the different chemicals and their chemical symbols in the three types of treatment processes
- January 27, 2021, Wastewater Treatment Operator Grades I and II Exam Review Webinar — Hydraulics: A review of water characteristics, hydraulic terms, the implications of newtonian and non-newtonian fluids
- January 28, 2021, Wastewater Treatment Operator Grades I and II Exam Review Webinar — Lagoons: Discussion on how the algae and bacteria are connected and how they impact each other. Process design variations, typical control strategies, and troubleshooting scenarios.
- January 29, 2021, Wastewater Treatment Operator Grades I and II Exam Review Webinar — Pumps: An overview how the piping and pumping system work together, pump curves, and affinity laws.
- February 2, 2021 Wastewater Treatment Operator Grades III and IV Exam Review Webinar — Microbiology, Laboratory, and Suspended Growth
- February 3, 2021 Wastewater Treatment Operator Grades III and IV Exam Review Webinar — Solids Separation and Nutrient Removal
- February 4, 2021 Wastewater Treatment Operator Grades III and IV Exam Review Webinar — Digestion and Disinfection
Previous Conferences, Trainings, and Workshops
- Source Water Protection Workshop
- Source Water Protection Workshop: Cyanotoxins in Drinking Water: Protection and Response
- Water Reuse Conferences
Links to presentations at previous annual water reuse conferences are available here:
2019 | 2017 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007