Environmental Conferences, Trainings & Workshops Hosted by DEQ
DEQ hosts conferences, trainings, and workshops to provide environmental professionals and other interested parties an opportunity to network and learn about air quality, water quality, and waste management issues.
Workshops and Training
- October 14 BOD troubleshooting and optimization in wastewater lagoon systems: The hydraulics of a lagoon (pond) will be reviewed, including short-circuiting and benthal feedback from sludge accumulation.
- October 15 TSS Troubleshooting and Optimization: This webinar will review the various causes of TSS violations.
- October 16 Sludge Accumulation and Removal: This webinar will overview the problems accumulated sludge creates with oxygen demand and TSS.
- October 19 Diagnosing Wastewater Lagoon Problems: Pinpointing the exact cause of a problem through proper testing and accurate results will help operators and engineers focus on the problem and apply a solution that will fit the problem.
- October 20 Pond Hydraulics: The hydraulics of a lagoon (pond) will be reviewed, including short-circuiting and benthal feedback from sludge accumulation.
- October 26 Collection System Cleaning: Collection System cleaning equipment, methods and scheduling will be reviewed. This will include nozzle selection, and addressing common cleaning problems.
- November 02 Collection System CCTV: Collection System inspection equipment, methods and scheduling will be reviewed. This includes general information, and CCTV and collection system rehabilitation.
- November 09 Confined Space, Lift Stations: Operation and maintenance of wastewater collection system pumping stations, pumps, motors and related equipment as well as confined space entry procedures will be discussed.
- November 16 Collections System Math: Wastewater math including pressure, flow, chemical dosing, geometry and wastewater regulations will be reviewed.
Previous Conferences, Trainings, and Workshops
- Source Water Protection Workshop
- Source Water Protection Workshop: Cyanotoxins in Drinking Water: Protection and Response
- Water Reuse Conferences
Links to presentations at previous annual water reuse conferences are available here:
2019 | 2017 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007